Did you know that on Saturday 24 March twenty historical and present-day towers in Amsterdam open their doors? Many of these towers are normally closed to the public.
• Saturday 24 March 2018 from 10.00 to 16.00
• Don’t forget to bring your camera and binoculars
• Be prepared to climb a lot of stairs in some historical towers
• Open Tower Day = ‘Open Toren Dag’ in Dutch
Most participating towers can be visited free of charge but there are a few exceptions:
• Limited access to the Oudekerkstoren and Westertoren. On Open Tower Day from 9.55am you can pick up a free ticket for a guided tour. Both towers have a maximum of 72 visitors (first come first serve).
• Register in advance to visit the Posthoornkerk with a guide (fee €5).
• The A’DAM Lookout tower charges an admission fee but get €5 off the regular admission fee with this voucher.
Open Tower Day Amsterdam 2018
Historical towers in the city center
• Beurs van Berlage: Climb the 156 to the bell tower
• Bijenkorf: The Room On The Roof is a working space for artists (fully booked)
• Oudekerkstoren: Join one of the guided tours and listen to the sounds of the Hemony clock
• Posthoornkerk: Visit the church, tower and vaults with a guide
• Westertoren: Join a guided tour of the historical tower
Present-day towers in the city center
• Kalverpassage/Blue Amsterdam: Amazing views of Amsterdam’s highlights like the Royal Palace, Central Station and Rijksmuseum
• Silver Tower: Located right next to Amsterdam Central Station, with an awesome view on of the world’s largest bicycle parkings
Historical towers outside the city center
• Ransdorpertoren: Rembrandt sketched this 16th century tower several times
Present-day towers outside the city center
• QO: On the rooftop of this brand new building (2018) you find fish, herbs and plants in a high-tech greenhouse
• Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre: Enjoy a drink and snacks from the 17th floor (12.00-16.00)
• REM Island: This former platform is now located in the IJ waters
• A’DAM Lookout: Swing at almost 100 meters above the ground (admission fee applies)
• Nautique Living: Visit Europe’s highest sports field on top of this student housing complex
• ABN Amro headquarters and Circl: Visit one of Amsterdam’s tallest buildings (ABN Amro 24 floors, 10.00-15.00). The tours at Circl are fully booked.
• Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South: See the city from the 11th floor
• RAI/Elicium Centre:Iimpressive views from a height of 46 meters
• Symphony Tower/FInancial Offices: Observe the city from the interior balconies on the 26th and 27th floors
• The Edge: Office building with great views from the 14th floor
• Courtyard Amsterdam Arena Atlas: Great views from the 12th floor
• Fletcher Hotel: 360° view of Amsterdam and surroundings from the 18th floor